Managers are responsible for informing their employees of the workplace’s response plan and what rules apply to its operation while the COVID-19 precautionary measures remain in effect. The need for meetings must be assessed, particularly if there are many attendees. Such meetings should preferably be held using teleconferencing equipment whenever possible. This also applies to meetings within the company if possible. Care must be taken as regards employee travel overseas. Then ecessity of travel must be assessed each time, and employees should avoid such travel unless it is unavoidable.
It is important that managers encourage their employees to take care of their health and to stay at home if they experience any illness. Employees with underlying illnesses are particularly at risk from the virus and should, therefore, consult with their superior as to the possibility of working from home as much as possible if that is an option.
In the event of suspected COVID-19 infection in the workplace, healthcare services must contacted in Tel. No. 1700, through a healthcare centre or through heilsuvera.is.
It is important that employees remain at home and do not attend work if they begin to experience symptoms.
Employees are toremain at home while waiting for screening results.
In the event of an infection in the workplace, the Tracing Team will contact the person infected and, as appropriate, the employer. The Team will enquire about the circumstances in the workplace and the interactions of the infected person with others within the specified quarantine area/unit.
Quarantine duration. A seven-day quarantine, ending with a screening test, may be chosen to shorten the 14-day quarantine. The quarantine will not end until a negative result is reached.
Assessment quarantine. If there is any doubt of staff conduct, no risk is taken, and employees are required to undergo an assessment quarantine. This will last until it is clear whether the employee in question has been exposed or not. If exposed, the employee in question will remain quarantined.
Here are instructions on the procedure that is to be employed in a workplace in the event of a COVID-19 infection.
The website of the Directorate of Labour contains information relating to measures in connection with COVID-19,including reduced employment ratio and payments while in quarantine. Access FAQs relating this information here.
· Facemasks are useful if used correctly
· Instructions for beauty salons, hair salons, massage parlours, eye clinics and comparable operations as regardsCOVID-19
· Guidelines for physiotherapy and similar activities in the COVID-19 pandemic
· Infection prevention measures following the adoption of border screenings, instructions for public bodies and companies involved in vital infrastructure operations
· Instructions on the continued operation of companies
· Instructions for aircraft operators, airports and crews regarding infection prevention measures inairports and on aircraft
· Instructions for ports, agents and vessel crews
· Instructions for camping grounds, caravan sites, the huts of travel associations, small guesthouses, organised trips and outdoor recreation activities
· Information for travel services providers relating to the coronavirus can be found on the website of the Icelandic TouristBoard